21.3.11

Creative Ideas for the Cause

On March 11, 2011 Northeastern Japan was struck by one of the most powerful earthquakes in history. In exceptionally difficult moments like these, nothing warms the heart quite like witnessing the world join together, to help alleviate the devastating consequences of such a disaster.

Worldwide, many organizations have arranged in various forms to welcome donations to the relief effort. Any idea to get people involved is a good idea, and an effort that stood out to me is one done by Wieden + Kennedy. A creative ad agency with offices around the world, Wieden + Kennedy designed a series of posters to raise funds for Japan, with all profits going to the Red Cross.

Artistry lending its talent for a good cause. This I like. But there are endless ways we can creatively contribute. For instance, at BSL we’ve opted to arrange our own donation to the Red Cross by creating a pool around the March Madness NCAA Basketball Tournament. Half of all entry fees will be contributed to the Red Cross. Even though I don’t know the first thing about basketball – count me in! I mean sure – the last time I touched a basketball was when it collided with my face (ouch), but hey – who says you’ve got to be an all-star to help out?

How have you or your organization helped support the relief effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment